Saturday 22 July 2017

Manx Shearwater: KGV Reservoir, Chingford

A Manx Shearwater reported on the King George Reservoir yesterday was very unexpected. Thinking it would have moved on overnight and that I had missed my chance, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that it was still present this morning.
Heading up the ramp I joined a couple of birders who confirmed that the Manx was still on site. A quick scan with the scope and the bird is found. It remained distant in the North West corner of the South basin during my visit. With the wind picking up the bird would appear and disappear among the waves. 




Mainly just drifting among the waves I was treated to a couple of wing flaps and a nice flight view as it moved away from the causeway heading back towards the buoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment